Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Thing #9...Finding Feeds

Sometimes I feel like I'm having information overload! However, Cool Cat Teacher blog has the perfect funny joke to put it all in perspective for me when I start to feel overwhelmed by all of this new information: "How do you eat an elephant? Answer: One bite at a time."
My favorite search tool for finding feeds is Google Blog Search. It works nearly the same as Google Search and gave me the best selections for my key words. It also gave me blogs with many images that I like to see.To find feeds it is easiest for me to think of key words pertaining to the subject I'm looking for in a blog.For example, when I type in "Poetry for Children", I get plenty of great possibilities.
Technorati was the hardest for me to use. Maybe I am just tired from working all day on my 23 things assignment or maybe I am just more familiar with Google. Technorati did not give me as many good possibilities as Google did. The things that came up on my Technorati search were not as interesting to me.
I found many useful feeds during my searching but perhaps my most useful was the Library of Congress. It has a lesson plan one and lots of other interesting and helpful feeds including teacher news and poetry information.
One of the most strange ones was Dave's Daily. It has lots of weird news stories such as information about a woman who continues to drive while her car is engulped in flames.
There are so many places to find newsfeeds but the best experience for me was with Goggle.

No comments: