Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Thing #21….Podcast Search Tools

My Discovery Process:
Podcasts are similar to radio shows but now we can listen to them on a mp3 player or on the computer. My son has a MAC in which he listens to podcasts all the time via itunes.

Podcasting has just recently entered my world so I really don’t have any ideas for what I want to listen to. I have always thought of myself as more of a visual learner. However, my husband likes to listen to football news from podcasts so I decided to go to podcast.net and typed in “Texas Tech Football” in the key word search box. There were some results, but nothing that specifically said, “Texas TechFootball”. Next, I tried the key words, “story books”. …..still nothing interesting.
Next, I decided to go to podcasting.com. I typed in “Texas Tech Football” again and got over 200 possible podcasts. I decided to try “story books” and found that I had to go through yet another registration process and another e-mail retrieval from my school e-mail. I got a little frustrated because once I did all of that, something got stuck on my computer where the sound skipped like a broken record. I had to shut down my computer and start again.
Finally, I tried again and was successful. I listened to part of a podcast with the sole purpose of reading a children’s story. I can see myself using podcasting in the future….but sadly no time right now.

2 comments:

Bookmaid said...

Ok, "makingtheworldpretty". Who are you? Library Magic and I (bookmaid) had no idea that we had competition in finishing "23 Things" first. Maybe we should have a big "revealing" time at staff development!

Zeeburt said...

Bookmaid may have discovered her identity by now, but she's pictured in the annimato video.