Monday, January 7, 2008

Thing # 20....YouTube

Please see my YouTube video below Thing #19. I chose the video of graceful ice skaters skating to one of my favorite songs by Ingrid Michaelson, The Way I Am. I chose this video because it shows beauty and gracefulness.
I have watched Many YouTube videos during my “Twenty Three Things” exploration.. Most of them are funny. I can’t see using it much in my job as a librarian at this point because not many are appropriate for elementary school. I’m sure there are some that could spark up a lesson.
The videos on your assignment page were very funny. I especially enjoyed the one about “from scroll to book”.
I explored some of the other sites where you can get videos with just a keyword search.
Viddler is unique because it makes it possible to edit and do lots of different things with your videos. You can search specific areas in your videos as well as tag certain clips.
We Show is an awesome site that allows you to watch all kinds of videos from the subject area you are interested in all around the world. While visiting this site, I searched for “Paris France” and had the pleasure of watching some informative videos about the famous City of Lights.
One thing I noticed about watching these online videos…They seem to be slower during the peak hours of the evening when the most people are online. I had better luck getting the videos to stream faster with less interrupted streaming during the early morning when fewer people are online. That is about the only thing I can think of that I don’t like about YouTube personally. I would not be very comfortable using it at school unless everything is carefully screened for elementary eyes and ears.

No comments: