Thursday, January 3, 2008

Thing # 17...Online Productivity Tools (Zoho and Google Spreadsheets)

Go here to see my Practice Spreadsheet

This was my first time using online productivity applications.They are amazing! My daughter's personal computer at home doesn't have Microsoft Office due to the high cost to purchase it so she has to use my computer when she needs to work at home. She will love finding out about these wonderful FREE applications! They look almost like Microsoft Office, too.
You don't have to have a CD or flashdrive to save work and you can use any computer with Internet service. I tried copying and pasting some text from my blog and put it into a Zoho Writer document. It worked perfectly. Then I decided to explore Google Application and made a practice spreadsheet...(see link above this blog.)
Google spreadsheet could work great instead of having to send a paper copy for everyone to fill in, like when we have to post our reflections about a staff development session. (You wouldn't have to spend time hunting it down.) Also, I am going to share this information with teachers. It is also a great thing for kids who don't have a computer at home. They can work on a document and return to it later during the school day. (Let's hope nothing happens to the application provider!)

1 comment:

mmw said...

Your spreadsheet looks like it is all ready for your May book order! ;-)