Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Thing # 6...Flickr Mashups

Flickr mashups are awesome! There is not enough time in the day to play with all of the "toys" it has to offer. Actually, I'm living too much in the moment right now because I find myself getting off task by reading blogs I come across, watching YouTube movies, and playing with flickr mashups. I know this is what I am supposed to be doing to learn but if I am ever going to get caught up in time to win my ipod, I really need to stay focused on the assignments!

Ok, I LOVE flickr mashups! I love photography anyway and now seeing all these cool toys to play with makes it hard for me to stop playing. I can see many exciting things to use from mashups in my library program. I think the magazine and READ posters would be wonderful ways to promote reading at school. The trading cards could be fun also...especially if kids could help write them and they could be traded in the library to get kids hooked on reading the books. I made one example of a simple Junie B. trading card that could be used.

No comments: