Monday, October 22, 2007

Thing #3 My Avatar

Someone once said,"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." Working with the Avatar assignment made me think of this quote. I had so much fun switching out the hair colors, clothes, and other features....but it was challenging trying to get my avatar on to my blog page. The directions were not specific but after experimenting for a while, I figured out how to get the pic on! Somethimes I think we interrupt ourselves from trying and learning new things because a little voice inside tries to convince us from believing we can figure it out for ourselves. Once we do taste success we want to try more challenging things and we begin to trust ourselves enough to venture out again. I believe our students are motivated in much the same way. When they feel successful, they want to try more challenging tasks.

No comments: